The school is trialling a new source of information resources, online databases and eLearning modules, that I would like you to test out. Please access http://fofweb.com/demo and I will let you know the username and password. Go to the Medical and Health section, just below the science links and search for your disease.
Also, try the ebooks at http://ebooks.infobasepublishing.com, (same username and password) which has a range of digital enyclopedias for you to search for your information.
Fifteen minutes before the bell goes, I would like you answer the following questions in a comment on this post:
1. What are the advantages of using these types of digital resources over a Google Search?
2. What are the advantages of using these types of resources over similar non-fiction books in the library?
3. Are there disadvantages of using online databases and ebooks? Explain.
4. Did you like using these resources? How did you find getting the information – easy, medium, difficult?
5. Would you recommend that the school purchase these resources, basd on your experience?