Cells make up tissues, tissues make up organs…..

Image Source

Learning Intention: Students will understand that any complex, multicellular organism requires a number of systems that work together. They will also understand that the excretory system consists of the kidneys, ureters and urethra that function to remove liquid wastes from the body.

Success Criteria: Students will label a diagram of the excretory system and complete a table with a brief description of each of the digestive, circulatory, respiratory and excretory systems.

So far we have studied the digestive, circulatory and respiratory systems. Each of these systems is made of cells, which together make up tissues, tissues make up organs and the organs make up systems. These systems work together to ensure that the human body can move, grow, repair and maintain itself and eventually reproduce.

BBC Bitesize – from cells to systems – We will go through this review of cells and the interactive activity in class. You might like to have a go at the test for revision at home.

The Excretory System – How does the body remove ‘poisons’?

YouTube – The Excretory System by Hank – including excretion in other animals.(12 minutes)

YouTube – The Excretory System

BBC Science – The Interactive Body

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by brittgow. Bookmark the permalink.

About brittgow

I am a Science and Maths teacher at a small rural school in western Victoria, Australia. I live on a sheep property with my husband and two children, who also attend Hawkesdale P12 College. I am passionate about education for sustainability, indigenous flora and fauna and love teaching!