Choose one of the following topics and produce a report, poster, slideshow or video that demonstrates your understanding of the subject. Include ten questions to quiz your audience at the end of your presentation.
- Structure of the brain – what is the structure and function of the parts of this vital organ?
- Structure of the nervous system – Read pages 38 and 39 and describe the functions of the different parts of the nervous system.
- Neural disease – Research a brain disease or damage to the spinal cord that impacts on normal body functioning. For example, What are the causes and effects of Alzheimer’s disease, motor-neuron disease or quadriplegia?
- Chemical warfare – Read questions 40 and 41 and answer the “Remember” and “Think and Discuss” questions on page 41.
- How do drugs affect the brain? Choose one of amphetamines, alcohol, barbituates, caffeine, cocaine, heroin, GHB or marijuana. (Make sure you answer the questions – under “Investigate” question 12 – in the blue box on page 27)
- Plant chemicals – research the different chemicals produced by plants and how they function.
Start by completing a “KWWHL chart”
- What do you KNOW about your topic?
- What do you WANT to know about your topic?
- WHERE will you find out what you want to know about the topic?
- HOW will you present your work to your peers?
- What did you LEARN about your topic (after you have completed your research)