Sheep’s Eye Dissection

Last week we dissected a sheep’s eyeball to learn about the structure and function of the eye.  Some of you have been working on a slideshow that demonstrates what you have learned about the eye. If you haven’t started on your slideshow you can follow this link to a Voicethread and comment on the photographs, “Sheep’s Eye Dissection”.

There was an interesting article this week about an African fruit that has ‘structural color’, instead of pigments, that give it the ‘brightest color in nature’. The Pollia condensata, or marble fruit, has no nutritional value, but is full of seeds and keeps it’s color for decades.

This entry was posted in Biology, Year 7, Year 9 and tagged , , , by brittgow. Bookmark the permalink.

About brittgow

I am a Science and Maths teacher at a small rural school in western Victoria, Australia. I live on a sheep property with my husband and two children, who also attend Hawkesdale P12 College. I am passionate about education for sustainability, indigenous flora and fauna and love teaching!