Classification for Year 7 Science

Learning Intention: This week we will learn about how scientists use a system of classification to identify and order living organisms in our world.
Success Criteria: You will produce a poster, slideshow or blog post that demonstrates your understanding of the five kingdoms of living organisms, including at least three examples of each group. You will need to list several characteristics for each kingdom.

You have several options to choose from:

1. Create a Glogster poster that shows each of the five kingdoms (animals, plants, fungi, bacteria and Protista) with 3 pictures for each kingdom, so a minimum of 15 pictures.

2. Create a slideshow with six slides – title slide and one slide for each kingdom with 3 examples of each group.

3. Go to Encarta on your netbook and complete the activities in the “Living World” area – write a blog post about what you learnt about how living organisms are classified.

4. Read pages 188 to 189 in your text and complete the “Remember” and “Think” questions.

5. Create a paper poster as for option 1.

This entry was posted in Biology and tagged , , by brittgow. Bookmark the permalink.

About brittgow

I am a Science and Maths teacher at a small rural school in western Victoria, Australia. I live on a sheep property with my husband and two children, who also attend Hawkesdale P12 College. I am passionate about education for sustainability, indigenous flora and fauna and love teaching!

One thought on “Classification for Year 7 Science

1. Britt, I’m often drawn back to your blog; this time from the g2 challenge site, where your blog link features at the top of the list of blogs recommended to visit to see how their creators are connecting to a broad international and local audience through the use of text, video, photos & links. You are a tireless and dedicated educator who strives for the best. An invaluable asset to our school is Britt Gow!